OutFront Kalamazoo, the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender (LGBT) center of Kalamazoo, offers outreach services to local schools, colleges, universities, businesses, and organizations. Our outreach services come in two options: LGBT Workplace Diversity and Inclusivity Training and LGBT Speakers Panels. Each training session is tailored to fit your needs.
Why training is important?
- Businesses and organizations are interested in providing diversity training to engage their staff, clients, students, peers and/or consumers.
- Providing education and knowledge of how to be more inclusive with one on one staff or clients. Submitting materials like forms, intake packages, Human Resource benefit packages, and discrimination policies. This could also include job descriptions, applications, and written training materials provided to employees.
- Businesses and organizations encourage staff to participate in LGBT training to learn proper terms, knowledge of gender identity, how to be an advocate
- In addition, OutFront Kalamazoo will work with your organization to develop an action plan including goals for creating a more open and affirming worksite, specific changes to be made over time, & set up an annual review of progress and setting of new goals.
Our LGBT Speakers Panels are groups of two or more LGBT or allied individuals who have experience and personal stories about LGBT issues in the community and beyond.
OutFront Kalamazoo speakers panels are designed to inform the community about the issues facing LGBT people, encourage discussion and communication of LGBT issues, encourage cooperation and inclusion, and to put a real face on the LGBT community of greater Kalamazoo.
These are just a few of the ways that our Speakers Panels have helped local agencies in bringing LGBT discussions into their buildings and enlightening their students and staff. If you are interested in having speakers at your organization, please contact the OutFront Kalamazoo by calling (269) 349-4234 or via email. If you would like to be part of a Speaker Panel please complete the following FORM
Updated March 2019
Please email us for more information
Group Training (Custom Trainings)
Less than 30 People
- 1 Hour or less: $100
- 1.5 Hour: $175
- 2 Hours: $250
- 3 Hours: $400 (Minimum for Safe Space Certification)
- 4 Hours (Half Day): $500
- Full Day (8 Hours): $850
- 2 Day Training (16 Hours): $1,500
OutFront Kalamazoo’s Safe Space Certification Training
- 3 Hour minimum: $400
Panel Speakers Facilitated by OutFront Kalamazoo
OutFront Kalamazoo will provide the speakers and the questions/topic. OFK will be at the Panel and engage the audience. OFK will work with the business to tailor the presentation to the needs of the business and guide in a discussion with the participants.
- 1 Hour: $100
- 2 Hour: $200
Panel Speakers Facilitated by Your Organization or Business
OutFront Kalamazoo will provide the speakers. Your organization will provide the questions/topic and facilitate the discussion.
- 1 Hour: $50
- 2 Hour: $100